Research on fundamental plasma physics phenomena is also an important part of our groups’ activity. The actives stem from the groups’ members expertise on Magnetic reconnection, Plasma equilibrium and Wave propagation in plasmas.
Research interests cover, among others, theoretical and numerical aspects of :
- Dynamics of tearing modes in Tokamak confined plasmas
- Non-linear reconnection events in proximity of plasma disruptions
- Wave propagation in turbulent media
- Non iterative Tokamak plasma equilibria reconstruction
- Theory of plasma equilibria.